Powys County Archives Office
Donation from Mrs J Lewis
Reference code(s): GB 0223 M/X/198
Title: Donation from Mrs J Lewis
Short title: Caersws Roman Fort
Dates of creation: [c. 1909]-1966
Level of description: Fonds
Extent and medium: 4 items, including map
Name of creator(s): Edmunds, R.
Administrative and biographical history: Mr R. Edmunds was the son of E. Vaughan-Edmunds, of Llanrhaiadr and Llangollen, Surveyor, who died [c. 1912], and who surveyed the site of the Roman fort at Caersws [c. 1909].
Scope and content: Map of part of Caersws, with existing remains of the fort marked, as well as the presumed position of un-excavated buildings, [c. 1909]; letter from the Department of Archaeology at the NLW, 1962; Summary of the current knowledge of the site, 1966; Report on the excavations carried out in 1966, by C. M. Daniels, G. D. B. Jones and W. G. P. Putnam.
ACCESS AND USE
System of arrangement: Chronological
Conditions governing access: No restrictions
Conditions governing reproduction: Usual copyright regulations apply
Finding aids: Hard copy of the catalogue available at PCAO
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: All records retained
Accruals: Are not expected
Archival history: In the possession of the Mrs J. Lewis, after the death of her first husband, Mr R. Edmunds.
Immediate source of acquisition: Donation from Mrs J. Lewis.
Archivist's note: Compiled by Anna Page, Assistant Archivist at Powys County Archive Office.
Rules or conventions: This description follows guidelines provided by UWA Department of Information Studies, based on ISAD(G) 2nd edition, 2000.
Date(s) of description: September 2007