Powys County Archives Office

Glascwm Parish Records

Reference code(s): GB 0223 R/EP/9

Held at:

Title: Glascwm Parish Records

Short title: Glascwm Parish Records

Dates of creation: 1837

Level of description: Fonds

Extent and medium: 1 item

Name of creator(s): The Tithe Commissioners for England and Wales

CONTEXT

Administrative and biographical history: Glascwm was a clas church, and is thought to have been a Dewi foundation

CONTENT

Scope and content: Glascwm parish tithe apportinment, 1837

ACCESS AND USE

Language/script: English

System of arrangement: Chronological

Conditions governing access: Not to be produced, as photocopies available

Conditions governing reproduction: Usual copyright regulations apply. The item cannot be photocopied. Digital photographs may be taken

Finding aids: Hard copy of the catalogue available at PCAO
Detailed catalogue

ARCHIVAL INFORMATION

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: All records retained

Accruals: Are possible

Archival history: In the possession of Glascwm Parish Vestry, then Glascwm Parochial Church Council

Immediate source of acquisition: Deposit by Glascwm Parochial Church Council

ALLIED MATERIALS

Existence and location of copies: Photocopies available at PCAO

Related units of description: Diocese copy of the tithe map and apportionment are held at the National Library of Wales; TNA hold copy of both in the Records of the Tithe Commissioners and Successors

DESCRIPTION NOTES

Archivist's note: Compiled by Anna Page, Assistant Archivist at Powys County Archive Office. Surce used: TNA website: http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Rules or conventions: This description follows guidelines provided by UWA Department of Information Studies, based on ISAD(G) 2nd edition, 2000.

Date(s) of description: June 2007


INDEX ENTRIES

Subjects

Personal names

Corporate names

Places