Powys County Archives Office
Priory Church in Wales School, Brecon
Reference code(s): GB 0223 B/E/PS/9
Title: Priory Church in Wales School, Brecon
Short title: Priory Church in Wales School, Brecon
Dates of creation: 1896-1990
Level of description: Fonds
Extent and medium: 2 boxes; 10 items
Name of creator(s): Priory Church in Wales School
Administrative and biographical history: Priory Church in Wales School was formed from two primary schools, which opened c. 1850: St Mary's National School for Girls and [mixed] Infants in the Postern, and the National School for Boys in Pendre. They were united into one school in 1975.
Scope and content: Log Books of: the Postern School, 1883-1974; the Infants School, 1900-1916; the Priory Church in Wales School, 1975-1990. Admissions register, 1909-1969. Account Book 1907-1974.
ACCESS AND USE
System of arrangement: Chronological, within series
Conditions governing access: Powys Archive Office restrictions, relating to data protection, apply
Conditions governing reproduction: Usual copyright regulations apply. The records cannot be photocopied, but it is hoped to provide digital copies in the future.
Finding aids: Hard copy of the catalogue available at PCAO
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: All records retained
Accruals: Are possible
Archival history: The records were previously held at the school
Immediate source of acquisition: Priory Church in Wales School
Archivist's note: Compiled by Anna Page, Trainee Archivist at Powys County Archive Office. Source used in the compilation of this entry: Brooks, Susan. 'A Sharp Lot: Intelligently Taught.'
Rules or conventions: This description follows guidelines provided by UWA Department of Information Studies, based on ISAD(G) 2nd edition, 2000.
Date(s) of description: June 2006