Powys County Archives Office

Donation from the Office of Government Commerce; Montgomeryshire

Reference code(s): GB 0223 M/X/178

Held at:

Title: Donation from the Office of Government Commerce; Montgomeryshire

Short title: Donation from the Office of Government Commerce; Montgomeryshire

Dates of creation: 1876-1962

Level of description: Fonds

Extent and medium: 1 box

Name of creator(s): The Ministry of Works

CONTEXT

Administrative and biographical history: The OGC is an independent office of the Treasury. It inherited these records from the Ministry of Works and its successors.

CONTENT

Scope and content: Conveyances and sales agreements for Glandulas Camp, Mochdre, 1961-1962; Leases for Plas Machynlleth, 1951-1958; Lease for the Royal Welsh Clothing Factory, Newtown, 1948; deeds relating to the Cambrian Mills, Llanllwchaiarn, 1876-1930

ACCESS AND USE

Language/script: English

System of arrangement: Chronological, within series

Conditions governing access: No restrictions

Conditions governing reproduction: Usual copyright regulations apply

Finding aids: Hard copy of the catalogue is available at PCAO
Detailed catalogue

ARCHIVAL INFORMATION

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: All records retained

Accruals: Accruals are not expected

Archival history: Previously held in the information management section of the OGC, which is in Norwich

Immediate source of acquisition: Donated by the OGC

ALLIED MATERIALS

DESCRIPTION NOTES

Archivist's note: Compiled by Anna Page, Trainee Archivist at Powys County Archive Office. Source used in compiling this entry: website of the OGC at: http://www.ogc.gov.uk/

Rules or conventions: This description follows guidelines provided by UWA Department of Information Studies, based on ISAD(G) 2nd edition, 2000.

Date(s) of description: June 2006


INDEX ENTRIES

Subjects

Personal names

Corporate names

Places