Powys County Archives Office
Cwmbach Lechryd Parish Records
Reference code(s): GB 0223 R/EP/6
Title: Cwmbach Lechryd Parish Records
Short title: Cwmbach Lechryd Parish Records
Dates of creation: 1877-1962
Level of description: Fonds
Extent and medium: 3/4 of a box (9 items)
Name of creator(s): The Incumbents and officers of Cwmbach Llechryd parish
Administrative and biographical history: Cwmbach Lechrhyd was created as a consolidated chapelry, out of the parishes of Diserth and Llanelwedd, in 1887.
Scope and content: Vestry and Parochial Church council Minutes; records relating to the endowment of the benefice and the appointment of the first Incumbent; insurance records.
ACCESS AND USE
System of arrangement: Chronological in series
Conditions governing access: No restrictions
Conditions governing reproduction: Usual copyright regulations apply
Finding aids: Hard copy of the catalogue available at PCAO
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: 1 item returned to depositor
Archival history: Previously held in Cwmbach Lechryd parish church
Immediate source of acquisition: Deposited by Reverend John Andrew, Vicar of Llanyre
Related units of description: All other surviving parish records are either in the church or are deposited at the National Library of Wales
Archivist's note: Compiled by Anna Page, Trainee Archivist at Powys County Archive Office.
Rules or conventions: This description follows guidelines provided by UWA Department of Information Studies, based on ISAD(G) 2nd edition, 2000.
Date(s) of description: May 2006