Powys County Archives Office
Title deeds relating to Pencraig, in the parish of St Harmon
Reference code(s): GB 0223 R/DX/32
Title: Title deeds relating to Pencraig, in the parish of St Harmon
Short title: Pencraig, St Harmon, deeds
Dates of creation: 1670-1889
Level of description: Fonds
Extent and medium: 12 items - part of a box
Name of creator(s): Evans family, of Pencraig
Administrative and biographical history: In 1670, the house of Pencraig, St Harmon, Radnorshire, was owned by Arthur Powell. It then passed to Griffith Evans. The property descended to Evan Evans, presumably a descendant of Griffith, who sold Pencraig, in about 1753, to John Lloyd (d. 1783). Lloyd left the property to his daughter Ann, wife of John Meredith. In 1889, Pencraig was in the possession of a descendant, also called John Meredith.
Scope and content: Deeds relating to Pencraig and other properties in St Harmon, Radnorshire, 1670-1889.
ACCESS AND USE
System of arrangement: Arranged chronologically
Conditions governing access: No restrictions
Conditions governing reproduction: Usual copyright regulations apply
Finding aids: Hard copies of the catalogue are available at Powys County Archives Service.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: All records have been retained
Accruals: Accruals are not expected
Immediate source of acquisition: Private deposit .
Note: Title supplied from contents of fonds
Archivist's note: Compiled by Rhys Jones for the ANW project. The following source was used in the compilation of this description: Powys County Archives Service, Title deeds relating to Pencraig, in the parish of St Harmon (R/DX/32), catalogue.
Rules or conventions: This description follows ANW guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition, AACR2, and LCSH
Date(s) of description: April 2005