Powys County Archives Office
Glasbury Parish and Community Council Records
Reference code(s): GB 0223 R/PC/9
Title: Glasbury Parish and Community Council Records
Short title: Glasbury Parish and Community Council records
Dates of creation: 1921-2003
Level of description: Fonds
Extent and medium: (Information to be supplied)
Name of creator(s): Glasbury Parish Council; Glasbury Community Council
Administrative and biographical history: Civil parish councils were established by the Local Government Act 1894; their records include minute books, financial statements, correspondence, copies of planning applications, and rate lists. Community councils replaced parish councils under the local government reorganization in 1974. Glasbury is a parish in Powys and was formerly in the county of Radnorshire.
Scope and content: Records of Glasbury Parish and Community Councils, 1921-2003, including minute books, 1921-1998; financial records, 1940-2003; Glasbury School reports, 1995-1996; planning records, 1974-2002; correspondence, 1983-2001; miscellaneous, 1924-2000.
ACCESS AND USE
System of arrangement: Arranged into the following: Minute books; Financial documents; Glasbury School reports; Planning; Correspondence; Miscellaneous
Conditions governing access: No restrictions
Conditions governing reproduction: Usual copyright regulations apply.
Finding aids: A hard copy is available at the Powys County Archives Service.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: All records deposited at Powys County Archives Service have been retained.
Accruals: Accruals are possible
Immediate source of acquisition: Deposited 1989-c.2003
Note: Title supplied from contents of fonds
Archivist's note: Compiled by Richard Burman for the ANW project. The following source was used to compile this description: Powys County Archives Service, Glasbury Parish and Community Council, catalogue.
Rules or conventions: This description follows ANW guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition, AACR2, and LCSH
Date(s) of description: April 2005