Powys County Archives Office
Clyro (Cleiro) Parish and Community Council Records
Reference code(s): GB 0223 R/PC/7
Title: Clyro (Cleiro) Parish and Community Council Records
Short title: Clyro Parish and Community Council records
Dates of creation: 1894-1984
Level of description: Fonds
Extent and medium: (3 items)
Name of creator(s): Clyro Parish Council; Clyro Community Council
Administrative and biographical history: Civil parish councils were established by the Local Government Act 1894; their records include minute books, financial statements, correspondence, copies of planning applications, and rate lists. Community councils replaced parish councils under the local government reorganization in 1974. Clyro is a parish in Powys and was formerly in the county of Radnorshire.
Scope and content: Records of Clyro Parish and Community Councils, 1894-1984, including minutes, 1894-1973; financial records, 1895-1984.
ACCESS AND USE
System of arrangement: Arranged into the following: Minutes; Accounts
Conditions governing access: No restrictions
Conditions governing reproduction: Usual copyright regulations apply.
Finding aids: A hard copy is available at the Powys County Archives Service.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: All records deposited at Powys County Archives Service have been retained.
Accruals: Accruals are possible
Immediate source of acquisition: Depsited by M. A. Morgan, 1988.
Note: Title supplied from contents of fonds
Archivist's note: Compiled by Richard Burman for the ANW project. The following source was used to compile this description: Powys County Archives Service, Clyro (Cleiro) Community Council, catalogue.
Rules or conventions: This description follows ANW guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition, AACR2, and LCSH
Date(s) of description: April 2005