Powys County Archives Office
Hyssington Parish Council Records
Reference code(s): GB 0223 M/PC/17
Title: Hyssington Parish Council Records
Short title: Hyssington Parish Council records
Dates of creation: 1839-1855
Level of description: Fonds
Extent and medium: (2 items)
Name of creator(s): Hyssington Parish Council
Administrative and biographical history: Civil parish councils were established by the Local Government Act 1894; their records include minute books, financial statements, correspondence, copies of planning applications, and rate lists. Community councils replaced parish councils under the local government reorganization in 1974. Hyssington is a parish in Powys and was formerly in the counties of Montgomeryshire and Shropshire.
Scope and content: Records collected by Hyssington Parish Council, 1839-1855, including enclosure award, 1855; tithe map and apportionment, 1839.
ACCESS AND USE
System of arrangement: Arranged into the following: Hyssington enclosure; Tithe map and apportionment
Conditions governing access: No restrictions
Conditions governing reproduction: Usual copyright regulations apply.
Finding aids: A hard copy is available at the Powys County Archives Service.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: All records deposited at Powys County Archives Service have been retained.
Accruals: Accruals are possible
Immediate source of acquisition: Depsoited by Churchstroke Community Council, Powys, 1991.
Note: Title supplied from contents of fonds
Archivist's note: Compiled by Richard Burman for the ANW project. The following source was used to compile this description: Powys County Archives Service, Hyssington Parish Council, catalogue.
Rules or conventions: This description follows ANW guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition, AACR2, and LCSH
Date(s) of description: April 2005