West Glamorgan Archive Service
Mount Calvary Baptist Church, Danygraig, Swansea records
Reference code(s): GB 0216 DD Bap 67
Title: Mount Calvary Baptist Church, Danygraig, Swansea records
Short title: Mount Calvary Baptist Church, Danygraig, Swansea, records
Dates of creation: 1881-1980
Level of description: Fonds
Extent and medium: 1 archive box (0.013 cubic metres)
Name of creator(s): Mount Calvary Baptist Church, Danygraig, Swansea
Administrative and biographical history: The congregation was formed in 1881, originally meeting in a house locally. The church was built on land leased from the Briton Ferry estate in 1884 [see D/D BF 1788] and named Mount Calvary. It was affiliated to the Baptist Union of Great Britain. It was subsequently extended in 1905. After falling membership numbers and damage to the building, the chapel was closed and converted into flats in c. 2000.
Scope and content: Minutes of church meetings, deaconsâ€TM meetings and Sunday School meetings.
ACCESS AND USE
System of arrangement: Arranged into minutes of church meetings, deaconsâ€TM meetings and Sunday School meetings.
Conditions governing access: No restrictions
Conditions governing reproduction: Usual copyright regulations apply
Finding aids: Hard copies of the catalogue are available at the West Glamgoran Archive Service.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: All records have been retained.
Accruals: Accruals are not expected.
Immediate source of acquisition: It is the policy of the West Glamorgan Archive Service to withhold the names of depositors.
Note: Title supplied from contents of fonds
Archivist's note: Compiled by Andrew Dulley, West Glamorgan Archive Service.
Rules or conventions: This description follows ANW guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition, AACR2 and LCSH.
Date(s) of description: January 2009