West Glamorgan Archive Service
Kilvey Ecclesiastical Parish Records
Reference code(s): GB 0216 P 308 CW
Title: Kilvey Ecclesiastical Parish Records
Short title: Kilvey ecclesiastical parish records
Dates of creation: 1845-1995
Level of description: Fonds
Extent and medium: 0.7 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Kilvey Parish
Administrative and biographical history: Dedicated to All Saints. Built in 1842; parish formed mainly from Llansamlet and partly from Swansea in 1881. Originally included a mission church at Pentrechwyth, which is now in the parish of Glantawe. Currently joined with St Thomas.
Scope and content: Registers (including service and banns registers) 1845-1971; Churchwardens' accounts 1923-1968; faculties and plans 1859, 1919; PCC and Vestry minutes 1907-1987; photographs 1890s and 1906; church history 1995; papers relating to the freehold of Pentrechwyth Mission Hall 1934.
ACCESS AND USE
System of arrangement: Ecclesiastical records are arranged into Incumbent's records, PCC records, Churchwardens' records and church affairs.
Conditions governing access: No restrictions
Conditions governing reproduction: Usual copyright regulations apply.
Finding aids: A hard copy is available at the West Glamorgan Archive Service.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: All records deposited at West Glamorgan Archive Service have been retained.
Accruals: Accruals are possible
Immediate source of acquisition: Source not recorded
Existence and location of copies: Copies have been made of all baptism, marriage and burial registers for use in the West Glamorgan Archive Service searchroom, and a separate list exists for these
Note: Title supplied from contents of fonds
Archivist's note: Compiled by Richard Burman for the ANW project. The following source was used to compile this description: West Glamorgan Archive Service, Ecclesiastical Parishes, catalogue.
Rules or conventions: This description follows ANW guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition, AACR2, and LCSH
Date(s) of description: December 2005