West Glamorgan Archive Service
Abercrave Ecclesiastical Parish Records
Reference code(s): GB 0216 P 300 CW
Title: Abercrave Ecclesiastical Parish Records
Short title: Abercrave ecclesiastical parish records
Dates of creation: 1912-1989
Level of description: Fonds
Extent and medium: 37 items
Name of creator(s): Abercraf Parish
Administrative and biographical history: Dedicated to St David. Built in 1912 as a chapel of ease in the parish of Ystradgynlais. Became a separate parish in 1925. Currently joint with Coelbren and Callwen.
Scope and content: Registers (including service and banns registers) 1912-1989; PCC minutes 1912-1945; other records including photographs 1911-1930 and n.d.
ACCESS AND USE
System of arrangement: Ecclesiastical records are arranged into Incumbent's records, PCC records, Churchwardens' records and church affairs.
Conditions governing access: No restrictions
Conditions governing reproduction: Usual copyright regulations apply.
Finding aids: A hard copy is available at the West Glamorgan Archive Service.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: All records deposited at West Glamorgan Archive Service have been retained.
Accruals: Accruals are possible
Immediate source of acquisition: It is the policy of the West Glamorgan Archive Service to withhold the names of depositors.
Note: Title supplied from contents of fonds
Archivist's note: Compiled by Richard Burman for the ANW project. The following source was used to compile this description: West Glamorgan Archive Service, Ecclesiastical Parishes, catalogue.
Rules or conventions: This description follows ANW guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition, AACR2, and LCSH
Date(s) of description: December 2005