West Glamorgan Archive Service

Margam Tin Works School

Reference code(s): GB 0216 E PT 9

Held at:

Title: Margam Tin Works School

Short title: Margam Tin Works School records

Dates of creation: 1874-1899

Level of description: Fonds

Extent and medium: (1 vol.)

Name of creator(s): Margam Tin Works School

CONTEXT

Administrative and biographical history: Margam Tin Works School, in Margam, Glamorgan, was closed in 1899. It was replaced by Port Talbot Central School.

CONTENT

Scope and content: Log book, 1874-1889

ACCESS AND USE

Language/script: English

System of arrangement: arranged chronologically into: log book

Conditions governing access: Items under 100 years old containing information on named individuals may be restricted in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.

Conditions governing reproduction: Usual copyright regulations apply.

Finding aids: A hard copy is available at the West Glamorgan Archive Service.
Detailed catalogue

ARCHIVAL INFORMATION

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: All records deposited at West Glamorgan Archive Service have been retained.

Accruals: Accruals are not expected

Immediate source of acquisition: It is the policy of the West Glamorgan Archive Service to withhold the names of depositors.

ALLIED MATERIALS

Related units of description: Records of Port Talbot Central School are West Glamorgan Archive Service, E/PT 12.

DESCRIPTION NOTES

Note: Title supplied from contents of fonds

Archivist's note: Compiled by Richard Burman for the ANW project. The following source was used in the compilation of this description: West Glamorgan Archive Service, Education, Primary Schools, catalogue

Rules or conventions: This description follows ANW guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition, AACR2, and LCSH

Date(s) of description: November 2005


INDEX ENTRIES

Subjects

Schools | Wales | Neath Port Talbot

Personal names

Corporate names

Margam Tin Works Elementary School

Places

Margam