West Glamorgan Archive Service
Cofnodion Ysgol Gymraeg Cwm Nedd
Reference code(s): GB 0216 E N 12
Title: Cofnodion Ysgol Gymraeg Cwm Nedd
Short title: Ysgol Gymraeg Cwm Nedd, cofnodion (records)
Dates of creation: 1954-1997
Level of description: Fonds
Extent and medium: (3 volumes)
Name of creator(s): Ysgol Gymraeg Cwm Nedd
Administrative and biographical history: Ysgol Gymraeg Cwm Nedd is a Welsh medium primary school in Glyn-neath, Glamorgan (now Neath Port Talbot). It opened with 65 pupils in January 1954. It was initially housed in the town's Welfare Hall but moved in 1957 to share buildings with the English Infant School. In 1968 the school had 158 pupils and moved again to larger premises, the nearby English medium Junior School.
Scope and content: Log books, 1954-1980; Admission register, 1954-1997.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/script: Welsh, English
System of arrangement: Arranged chronologically into the following: log books; admission register.
Conditions governing access: Items under 100 years old containing information on named individuals may be restricted in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction: Usual copyright regulations apply
Finding aids: Hard copies of the catalogue are available at West Glamorgan Archive Service.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: No information available.
Accruals: Accruals are not expected.
Immediate source of acquisition: It is the policy of the West Glamorgan Archive Service to withhold the names of depositors.
Note: Title supplied from contents of fonds
Archivist's note: Compiled by Rhys Jones for the ANW project. The following sources were used in the compilation of this description: West Glamorgan Archive Service, Education - Primary Schools, catalogue; Ysgol Gymraeg Cwm Nedd website (www.yggcwmnedd.baglanit.org.uk/), viewed 9 November 2005.
Rules or conventions: This description follows ANW guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition, AACR2, and LCSH
Date(s) of description: November 2005