West Glamorgan Archive Service
Coedffranc School Records
Reference code(s): GB 0216 E N 10
Title: Coedffranc School Records
Short title: Coedffranc School, records
Dates of creation: 1894-1952
Level of description: Fonds
Extent and medium: (5 volumes)
Name of creator(s): Coedffranc School
Administrative and biographical history: Coedffranc School (also known as Coedfranc, Skewen School), Coed-ffranc, Neath, Glamorgan, opened in 1894 as a board school. The girls' school became the senior department of Skewen Lower Junior School in 1950 before a new school called Rhydhir Secondary School was opened in 1953.
Scope and content: Log books, 1894-1952.
ACCESS AND USE
System of arrangement: Arranged chronologically into: Log books
Conditions governing access: Items under 100 years old containing information on named individuals may be restricted in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction: Usual copyright regulations apply
Finding aids: Hard copies of the catalogue are available at West Glamorgan Archive Service.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: No information available.
Accruals: Accruals are not expected.
Immediate source of acquisition: It is the policy of the West Glamorgan Archive Service to withhold the names of depositors.
Note: Title supplied from contents of fonds
Archivist's note: Compiled by Rhys Jones for the ANW project. The following sources were used in the compilation of this description: West Glamorgan Archive Service, Education - Primary Schools, catalogue; Collis, Kim, West Glamorgan Archive Service - A Guide to the Collections (West Glamorgan Archive Service, 1998).
Rules or conventions: This description follows ANW guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition, AACR2, and LCSH
Date(s) of description: November 2005