West Glamorgan Archive Service
Blaenhonddan Parish Council Minutes
Reference code(s): GB 0216 P 245
Title: Blaenhonddan Parish Council Minutes
Short title: Blaenhonddan Parish Council minutes
Dates of creation: 1894-1950
Level of description: Fonds
Extent and medium: (4 vols)
Name of creator(s): Blaenhonddan Parish Council
Administrative and biographical history: Civil parish councils were established by the Local Government Act 1894, taking over responsibilities from parish vestry meetings. Community councils replaced parish councils under the local government reorganization in 1974. The parish of Blaenhonddan was in the county of Glamorgan, until local government reorganisation in 1974, when it became part of West Glamorgan.
Scope and content: Blaenhonddan Parish Council minutes, 1894-1950.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/script: English, Welsh
System of arrangement: Arranged chronologically
Conditions governing access: No restrictions
Conditions governing reproduction: Usual copyright regulations apply.
Finding aids: A hard copy is available at the West Glamorgan Archive Service.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: All records deposited at West Glamorgan Archive Service have been retained.
Accruals: Accruals are not expected
Immediate source of acquisition: It is the policy of the West Glamorgan Archive Service to withhold the names of depositors.
Note: Title supplied from contents of fonds
Archivist's note: Compiled by Richard Burman for the ANW project. The following source was used to compile this description: West Glamorgan Archive Service, Blaenhonddan Parish Council, catalogue.
Rules or conventions: This description follows ANW guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition, AACR2, and LCSH
Date(s) of description: October 2005