West Glamorgan Archive Service
Cheriton Parish Council Records
Reference code(s): GB 0216 P 104
Title: Cheriton Parish Council Records
Short title: Cheriton Parish Council records
Dates of creation: 1848-[late 20th century]
Level of description: Fonds
Extent and medium: (1 vol., 2 plans, 1 file)
Name of creator(s): Cheriton Parish Council
Administrative and biographical history: Civil parish councils were established by the Local Government Act 1894, taking over responsibilities from parish vestry meetings. The parish of Cheriton was in the county of Glamorgan, until local government reorganisation in 1974, when it became part of West Glamorgan.
Scope and content: Records relating to Cheriton Parish Council, 1848-[late 20th century], including minutes, 1922-1951; tithe plan and apportionment, 1848; photocopy of tithe plan, [late 20th century].
ACCESS AND USE
Language/script: English, Welsh
System of arrangement: Arranged into the following: Parish Council minute book; Tithe plan and apportionment; Tithe plan photocopy.
Conditions governing access: No restrictions
Conditions governing reproduction: Usual copyright regulations apply.
Finding aids: A hard copy is available at the West Glamorgan Archive Service.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: All records deposited at West Glamorgan Archive Service have been retained.
Accruals: Accruals are not expected
Immediate source of acquisition: It is the policy of the West Glamorgan Archive Service to withhold the names of depositors.
Existence and location of copies: The estate copy of the Tithe award is West Glamorgan Archive Service, D/D P832-834.
Note: Title supplied from contents of fonds
Archivist's note: Compiled by Richard Burman for the ANW project. The following source was used to compile this description: West Glamorgan Archive Service, Cheriton Parish, catalogue.
Rules or conventions: This description follows ANW guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition, AACR2, and LCSH
Date(s) of description: October 2005