West Glamorgan Archive Service
Llandeilo-Talybont Parish Council Records
Reference code(s): GB 0216 P 108
Title: Llandeilo-Talybont Parish Council Records
Short title: Llandeilo-Talybont Parish Council records
Dates of creation: 1740-1930
Level of description: Fonds
Extent and medium: (10 vols, 1 plan)
Name of creator(s): Llandeilo Tal-y-bont Parish Council
Administrative and biographical history: Civil parish councils were established by the Local Government Act 1894, taking over responsibilities from parish vestry meetings. The records can include minute books, financial statements, correspondence, copies of planning applications, and rate lists. Community councils replaced parish councils under the local government reorganization in 1974. The parish of Llandeilo-Talybont was in Glamorgan until 1974 then became part of West Glamorgan.
Scope and content: Records of Llandeilo-Talybont Parish Council, 1740-1930, including minute books, 1894-1930; Overseer's records, 1740-1926; poor rate books, 1855.
ACCESS AND USE
Conditions governing access: No restrictions
Conditions governing reproduction: Usual copyright regulations apply.
Finding aids: A hard copy is available at the West Glamorgan Archive Service.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: All records deposited at West Glamorgan Archive Service have been retained.
Accruals: Accruals are possible
Immediate source of acquisition: It is the policy of the West Glamorgan Archive Service to withhold the names of depositors.
Note: Title supplied from contents of fonds
Archivist's note: Compiled by Richard Burman for the ANW project. The following source was used to compile this description: West Glamorgan Archive Service, Llandeilo-Talybont Parish Council, catalogue.
Rules or conventions: This description follows ANW guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition, AACR2, and LCSH
Date(s) of description: October 2005