West Glamorgan Archive Service
Records of Carmel Independent Chapel, Gwaun-Cae-Gurwen
Reference code(s): GB 0216 DD Ind 39
Title: Records of Carmel Independent Chapel, Gwaun-Cae-Gurwen
Short title: Carmel Independent Chapel, Gwaun-Cae-Gurwen, graveyard survey
Dates of creation: 
Level of description: Fonds
Extent and medium: (1 item)
Name of creator(s): Carmel Independent Chapel, Gwaun-Cae-Gurwen
Administrative and biographical history: Carmel Independent Chapel, Gwaun-Cae-Gurwen, Glamorgan (now neath Port Talbot), began when a schoolroom was built in 1762 by members of Cwmllynfell Independent Chapel. A church was formed and Carmel Chapel was opened in 1822. A new chapel was built in 1882 but the old chapel and graveyard were kept in use for burials.
Scope and content: Photocopy of a survey of the graveyard of the old Carmel Chapel, entitled 'Mynwent Hen Garmel 1992', giving the name and address, year of death and row number, .
ACCESS AND USE
Conditions governing access: No restrictions
Conditions governing reproduction: Usual copyright regulations apply
Finding aids: Hard copies of the catalogue are available at West Glamorgan Archive Service.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: All records have been retained
Accruals: Accruals are not expected
Immediate source of acquisition: It is the policy of the West Glamorgan Archive Service to withhold the names of depositors.
Note: Title supplied from contents of fonds
Archivist's note: Compiled by Rhys Jones for the ANW project. The following source was used in the compilation of this description: West Glamorgan Archive Service, Records of Carmel Independent Chapel, Gwaun-Cae-Gurwen, catalogue.
Rules or conventions: This description follows ANW guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition, AACR2, and LCSH
Date(s) of description: September 2005