West Glamorgan Archive Service
Moriah Calvinistic Methodist Chapel, Loughor, Records
Reference code(s): GB 0216 DD CM 18
Title: Moriah Calvinistic Methodist Chapel, Loughor, Records
Short title: Moriah Calvinistic Methodist Chapel, Loughor, records
Dates of creation: 2001
Level of description: Fonds
Extent and medium: (5 items)
Name of creator(s): Moriah Calvinistic Methodist Chapel, Loughor
Administrative and biographical history: The Moriah Calvinistic Methodist Chapel was built in 1842 in Morriston, Glamorgan, now in Swansea, and replaced Capel Tô Gwellt, a converted barn that had served as a meeting place since c.1827. Moriah was rebuilt in 1898. Evan Roberts, (1878-1951), a prominent figure in the 1904-05 Revival, was a member and preached at the chapel.
Scope and content: Brief history of Moriah Calvinistic Methodist Chapel, Loughor, 2001.
ACCESS AND USE
Conditions governing access: All records except registers are closed for 30 years after date of creation
Conditions governing reproduction: Usual copyright regulations apply.
Finding aids: A hard copy is available at the West Glamorgan Archive Service.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: All records deposited at West Glamorgan Archive Service have been retained.
Accruals: Accruals are possible
Immediate source of acquisition: It is the policy of the West Glamorgan Archive Service to withhold the names of depositors.
Note: Title supplied from contents of fonds
Archivist's note: Compiled by Richard Burman for the ANW project. The following sources were used in the compilation of this description: West Glamorgan Archive Service, Nonconformist, Calvinistic Methodist, Moriah Calvinistic Methodist Chapel, Loughor, catalogue; Moriah, Loughor, Homepage (http://www.moriah.org.uk/index.html), viewed 1 September 2005.
Rules or conventions: This description follows ANW guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition, AACR2, and LCSH
Date(s) of description: September 2005