West Glamorgan Archive Service
Glen Taylor Collection
Reference code(s): GB 0216 RISW GAT
Title: Glen Taylor Collection
Short title: Taylor, Glen A., papers
Dates of creation: 1502-1717
Level of description: fonds
Extent and medium: 0.009 cubic metres (1 box)
Name of creator(s): Glen A. Taylor
Administrative and biographical history: Glen A. Taylor was born in 1881 and was the son of Jane (nĂ©e Braine) and Henry Francis. He was a local antiquarian and was instrumental in the establishment of the Neath Antiquarian Society. He was also a member of the Royal Institution of South Wales. He died on 14 Nov. 1935: a memorial plaque is sited by the Night Stair at Neath Abbey. This collection consists of collected deeds and documents from the Swansea and Gower area. A similar collection is held by the Neath Antiquarian Society (NAS GAT)
Scope and content: Deeds of properties in Swansea parish, 1680-1752; Wills: Swansea, 1708; Deeds of properties in Oystermouth parish, 1692; Deeds of properties in Bishopston parish, 1455-1639; Bonds relating to Bishopston parish, 1576-1586; Deeds of properties in Llanrhidian parish, 1522-1768; Bonds relating to Llanrhidian parish, 1502-1717; Wills: Llanrhidian, 1681; Deeds of properties in Cilybebyll parish, 1629; Deeds of properties in St Donatâ€TMs parish, 1668; Lordship of Gower, 1603-1690
ACCESS AND USE
System of arrangement: The collection was originally catalogued at University College Library, Swansea, where an interpretation of the original order was made. This catalogue lists the items chronologically under the headings stated in Scope and content.
Conditions governing access: No restrictions.
Conditions governing reproduction: Usual copyright regulations apply.
Finding aids: A hard copy of the catalogue is available at the West Glamorgan Archive Service. The catalogue can be accessed online.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: All records transferred to the West Glamorgan Archive Service have been retained.
Accruals: Accruals are not expected.
Immediate source of acquisition: The records were originally held at The Royal Institution of South Wales, Swansea. From 1966 onwards the records were moved to the library in the University College, Swansea in consignments. They were transferred to West Glamorgan Archive Service in the Spring of 2004 as part of The Royal Institution of South Wales Collection.
Note: Title supplied from contents of fonds.
Archivist's note: Compiled by Katie Millien for the West Glamorgan Archive Service.
Rules or conventions: This description follows ANW guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition, AACR2 and LCSH.
Date(s) of description: Prior to 16-11-2004; Source amended by ANW, January 2005; This description May 2