Carmarthenshire Archive Service
H. M. Munitions Factory, Pembrey, Archive
Reference code(s): GB 0211 DB65
Title: H. M. Munitions Factory, Pembrey, Archive
Short title: Pembrey, H. M. Munitions Factory, archive
Dates of creation: 1926
Level of description: Fonds
Extent and medium: 1 item
Name of creator(s): No information found
Administrative and biographical history: A munitions factory was first set up in Pembrey c. 1881, producing gunpowder and dynamite. It became a Royal Ordnance Factory in 1914, owned by the Government and run by the Nobel Explosives Co., producing TNT. It closed in the 1920s, and put up for sale in 1926, but was re-opened during the Second World War.
Scope and content: Sale catalogue with plans, 1926.
ACCESS AND USE
Conditions governing access: No restrictions
Conditions governing reproduction: Usual copyright regulations apply
Finding aids: A hard copy of the summary is available at Carmarthenshire Archives Service.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: All records have been retained
Accruals: Accruals are not expected
Immediate source of acquisition: Deposited by Mrs E. M. Hughes, Bynea, Llanelli, 1985.
Note: Title supplied from contents of fonds
Archivist's note: Compiled by Rhys Jones for the ANW project. The following sources were used in the compilation of this description: Carmarthenshire Archives Service, Business Records; Kidwelly History website (http://www.kidwellyhistory.co.uk/index.htm), viewed 21 October 2003.
Rules or conventions: This description follows ANW guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition, AACR2, and LCSH
Date(s) of description: October 2003