Carmarthenshire Archive Service
Mount Colliery, Ammanford, Records
Reference code(s): GB 0211 DB31
Title: Mount Colliery, Ammanford, Records
Short title: Mount Colliery, Ammanford, records
Dates of creation: 1940-1959
Level of description: Fonds
Extent and medium: 8 boxes
Name of creator(s): Mount Colliery, Ammanford
Administrative and biographical history: Mount Colliery, Ammanford, Carmarthenshire, also known as Butchers Colliery, was begun in 1890 and closed in 1959.
Scope and content: Records of Mount Colliery, 1940-1959.
ACCESS AND USE
Conditions governing access: No restrictions
Conditions governing reproduction: Usual copyright regulations apply
Finding aids: A hard copy of the catalogue is available at Carmarthenshire Archives Service.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: All records have been retained
Accruals: Accruals are not expected
Immediate source of acquisition: Deposited by Mr Eirwyn Patchett, Glanamman, Carmarthenshire, 1981
Note: Title supplied from contents of fonds
Archivist's note: Compiled by Rhys Jones for the ANW project. The following sources were used in the compilation of this description: Carmarthenshire Archives Service, Business Records; Cwmgors and Gwaun-cae-gurwen website (http://home.clara.net/tirbach/Waun/Waun.html), viewed 10 October 2003.
Rules or conventions: This description follows ANW guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition, AACR2, and LCSH
Date(s) of description: October 2003