Carmarthenshire Archive Service
British Piano Actions Ltd Records
Reference code(s): GB 0211 DB5
Title: British Piano Actions Ltd Records
Short title: British Piano Actions Ltd records
Dates of creation: 1959- [1970s]
Level of description: Fonds
Extent and medium: 5 items
Name of creator(s): British Piano Actions Ltd
Administrative and biographical history: British Piano Actions Ltd was incorporated in 1931 in London; it built piano parts. The company moved to new premises in Trostre Road, Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, in 1948. In 1959 it passed under the control of a consortium of six companies, and by 1977 it was exporting 75% of its products. The company was dissolved in 1989; its last managing director was Mr J. Hatchett, MBE.
Scope and content: British Piano Actions Ltd company brochure, [1931x1977]; a copy of 'The Pianomaker' 1959; and photographs of the factory and of visiting directors, [1960s]-[1970s].
ACCESS AND USE
System of arrangement: No arrangement
Conditions governing access: No restrictions
Conditions governing reproduction: Usual copyright regulations apply
Finding aids: A hard copy of the list is available at Carmarthenshire Archives Service.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: All records have been retained
Accruals: Accruals are not expected
Immediate source of acquisition: Deposited by Mr J. Hatchett, MBE, Managing Director, British Piano Actions Ltd, Trostre Road, Llanelli, 1977.
Note: Title supplied from contents of fonds
Archivist's note: Compiled by Rhys Jones for the ANW project. The following sources were used in the compilation of this description: Carmarthenshire Archives Service, Business Records; Companies House website (http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/info/), viewed 3 October 2003.
Rules or conventions: This description follows ANW guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition, AACR2, and LCSH
Date(s) of description: October 2003