Carmarthenshire Archive Service
Llangennech Parish Council Records
Reference code(s): GB 0211 LLANGENNECH PC
Title: Llangennech Parish Council Records
Short title: Llangennech Parish Council records
Dates of creation: 1875-1974
Level of description: Fonds
Extent and medium: 0.30 cubic metres;1 volume
Name of creator(s): Llangennech Parish Council
Administrative and biographical history: Prior to 1894, monthly parish vestry meetings dealt with ecclesiastical matters, rates, and local issues. Parish councils were established by the Local Government Act 1894. Community councils replaced parish councils under local government reorganization in 1974.
Scope and content: Records of Llangennech parish council, Carmarthenshire, 1875-1974, including minutes, 1903-1974; correspondence, 1895-1971; financial, 1895-1971; papers and correspondence regarding public lighting, 1902-1962; and plans, 1919-1952.
ACCESS AND USE
System of arrangement: Arranged into the following: minutes; correspondence; financial; miscellaneous documents; and plans.
Conditions governing access: No restrictions
Conditions governing reproduction: Usual copyright regulations apply.
Finding aids: A hard copy of the catalogue is available at Carmarthenshire Archives Service.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: All records have been retained
Accruals: Accruals are not expected
Immediate source of acquisition: Deposited by C. Fletcher and E. Evans, Parish Council and Community Council Clerks, Llanedi, between 1960 and 1996.
Note: Title supplied from contents of fonds. Some records pre-date the creation of Llangennech Parish Council.
Archivist's note: Compiled by Annette Strauch for ANW project. The following sources were used in the compilation of the description: Carmarthenshire Archives Service, Catalogue of Llangennech Parish Council and Community Council Records.
Rules or conventions: This description follows ANW guidelines based on ISAD(G) Second Edition; AACR2 and LCSH
Date(s) of description: October 2003