Carmarthenshire Archive Service
Llansadyrnin and Llan-dawg Parish Council Records
Reference code(s): GB 0211 LLANSADYRNIN & LLAN-DAWG PC
Title: Llansadyrnin and Llan-dawg Parish Council Records
Short title: Llansadyrnin and Llan-dawg Parish Council records
Dates of creation: 1894-1935
Level of description: Fonds
Extent and medium: 0.015 cubic metres
Name of creator(s): Llansadyrnin and Llan-dawg Parish Council
Administrative and biographical history: Parish councils were established by the Local Government Act 1894, replacing parish vestry meetings. In 1935 Llansadyrnin and Llan-dawg Parish Council was merged with Llanddowror Parish Council.
Scope and content: Records of Llansadyrnin and Llandawg Parish Council, Carmarthenshire, 1852-1935, including minute books, 1894-1935; and poor rate books, 1852-1920.
ACCESS AND USE
System of arrangement: Arranged into minute books; poor rate books.
Conditions governing access: No restrictions
Conditions governing reproduction: Usual copyright regulations apply.
Finding aids: A hard copy of the catalogue is available at Carmarthenshire Archives Service.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: All records have been retained
Accruals: Accruals are not expected
Immediate source of acquisition: Deposited by Rev W. Harry, Llanddewi Velfrey, September 1960.
Note: Title supplied from contents of fonds
Archivist's note: Compiled by Annette Strauch for ANW project. The following sources were used in the compilation of the description: Carmarthenshire Archives Service, Catalogue of Llansadyrnin and Llandawg Parish Council Records.
Rules or conventions: This description follows ANW guidelines based on ISAD(G) Second Edition; AACR2 and LCSH
Date(s) of description: September 2003