Carmarthenshire Archive Service
Llanllwni Parish Council Records
Reference code(s): GB 0211 LLANLLWNI PC
Title: Llanllwni Parish Council Records
Short title: Llanllwni Parish Council records
Dates of creation: 1894-1971
Level of description: Fonds
Extent and medium: 0.09 cubic metres
Name of creator(s): Llanllwni Parish Council.
Administrative and biographical history: Parish councils were established by the Local Government Act 1894. Community councils replaced parish councils under local government reorganization in 1974.
Scope and content: Minute books, 1939-1963; copy letter books, 1957-1976; parish councillors' declaration book, 1894-1971; records relating to the overseers of the poor, 1901-1926; rate collectors receipt books, 1938-1940; and valuation lists, 1897-[c. 1920]. Includes two printed items published by Dyfed County Council in 1977 & 1979
ACCESS AND USE
System of arrangement: Arranged in chronological order.
Conditions governing access: No restrictions
Conditions governing reproduction: Usual copyright regulations apply.
Finding aids: A hard copy of the catalogue is available at Carmarthenshire Archives Service.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: All records have been retained
Accruals: Accruals are not expected
Immediate source of acquisition: Deposited by Mr D. R. Davies, Clerk to Llanllwni Community Council, August, 1982.
Note: Title supplied from contents of fonds.
Archivist's note: Compiled by Annette Strauch for ANW project. The following sources were used in the compilation of the description: Carmarthenshire Archives Service, Catalogue of Llanllwni Parish Council Records.
Rules or conventions: This description follows ANW guidelines based on ISAD(G) Second Edition; AACR2 and LCSH
Date(s) of description: September 2003