Carmarthenshire Archive Service
Llanfihangel Aberbythych Parish Council Records
Reference code(s): GB 0211 LLANFIHANGEL ABERBYTHYCH PC
Title: Llanfihangel Aberbythych Parish Council Records
Short title: Llanfihangel Aberbythych Parish Council records
Dates of creation: 1894-1971
Level of description: Fonds
Extent and medium: 0.16 cubic metres
Name of creator(s): Llanfihangel Aberbythych Parish Council
Administrative and biographical history: Parish councils were established by the Local Government Act 1894. Community councils replaced parish councils under local government reorganization in 1974.
Scope and content: Records of Llanfihangel Aberbythych Parish Council, Carmarthenshire, 1894-1971, including records relating to administration, 1894-1952; financial records, 1940-1977; correspondence, 1925-1971; records relating to lighting, 1949-1970; records relating to election, 1945-1948; burial board material, -; records relating to Carmarthenshire County Council, 1950-1967; records relating to the National Association of Parish Councils, 1948-1968; and records relating to the Poor Law, 1899-1920.
ACCESS AND USE
System of arrangement: Arranged into the following: administration; finance; correspondence; lighting; election; burial board; various booklets; Carmarthenshire County Council; National Association of Parish Councils; statutory instruments; Commons, Open Spaces and Footpaths Preservation Society; Literary and Philosophical Society of Liverpool; printed books; and material relating to the Poor Law.
Conditions governing access: No restrictions
Conditions governing reproduction: Usual copyright regulations apply.
Finding aids: A hard copy of the catalogue is available at Carmarthenshire Archives Service.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: All records have been retained
Accruals: Accruals are not expected
Archival history: The printed books were transferred to County Museum Abergwili on loan.
Immediate source of acquisition: Deposited by Mr John Morgan, Clerk to the Community Council, Llanelli, May, 1976.
Note: Title supplied from contents of fonds
Archivist's note: Compiled by Annette Strauch for ANW project. The following sources were used in the compilation of the description: Carmarthenshire Archives Service, Catalogue of Llanfihangel Aberbythych Parish Council Records.
Rules or conventions: This description follows ANW guidelines based on ISAD(G) Second Edition; AACR2 and LCSH
Date(s) of description: September 2003