Carmarthenshire Archive Service
Laugharne Parish Council Records and Community Council Records
Reference code(s): GB 0211 LAUGHARNE PC, CC
Title: Laugharne Parish Council Records and Community Council Records
Short title: Laugharne Parish Council records and Community Council records
Dates of creation: 1895-1993
Level of description: Fonds
Extent and medium: 0.060 cubic metres; two volumes
Name of creator(s): Laugharne Parish Council
Administrative and biographical history: Parish councils were established by the Local Government Act 1894. Community councils replaced parish councils under local government reorganization in 1974. Laugharne Community Council discussed the proposed Laugharne Causeway in the early 1990s. Part of Laugharne parish became a ward of Llanddowror Parish Council under the County of Carmarthen Review Order, 1935.
Scope and content: Records relating to Laugharne Parish Council and Laugharne Community Council, Carmarthenshire, 1895-1993, including Laugharne parish council minute books, 1895- 1969; parish councillors declarations, 1895-1952; receipt and payment accounts, 1895-1967; receipt and payment accounts for lighting, 1930-1974; parish councillors' expenses, 1939-1962; and deeds and documents, 1934-1973; correspondence, 1968-1972; maps, 1907-1908; Laugharne Parish Council minute books, 1969-1993; and records relating to Laugharne causeway, 1990-1993.
ACCESS AND USE
System of arrangement: Arranged in chronological order.
Conditions governing access: No restrictions
Conditions governing reproduction: Usual copyright regulations apply.
Finding aids: A hard copy of the catalogue is available at Carmarthenshire Archives Service.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: All records have been retained
Accruals: Accruals are expected
Immediate source of acquisition: Deposited by Mr D. Rees, Clerk to Laugharne Township Community Council, Laugharne, March, 1976, and Marie Arnold, Community Council Clerk, St. Clears, July 1996.
Note: Title supplied from contents of fonds
Archivist's note: Compiled by Annette Strauch for ANW project. The following sources were used in the compilation of the description: Carmarthenshire Archives Service, Catalogue of Laugharne Parish Council Records; Collis, Kim, The West Glamorgan Archive Service, A Guide to the Collections (Swansea, 1998); The Antiquities of Laugharne, Pendine and their Neighbourhoods, Carmarthenshire, Amroth, Sandersfoot, Cilgetty, Pembrokeshire, South Wales (London, 1880).
Rules or conventions: This description follows ANW guidelines based on ISAD(G) Second Edition; AACR2 and LCSH
Date(s) of description: September 2003