Denbighshire Record Office
Llangernyw Parish Council and Community Council Records
Reference code(s): GB 0209 PCD/62
Title: Llangernyw Parish Council and Community Council Records
Short title: Llangernyw Parish Council and Community Council records
Dates of creation: 1894-1984
Level of description: Fonds
Extent and medium: 0.038 cubic metres (16 items)
Name of creator(s): Llangernyw Parish Council; Llangernyw Community Council
Administrative and biographical history: Civil parish councils were established by the Local Government Act 1894. The records can include minute books, financial statements, correspondence, copies of planning applications, and rate lists. During and fter the Second World War, the council ran Llangernyw Welcome Home Fund to assist servicemen from the area. Community councils replaced parish councils under the local government reorganization in 1974. Llangernyw Parish Council was located in the county of Denbighshire until 1974, when its roles were taken over by Llangernyw Community Council and Denbighshire became part of Clwyd. It is now in Conwy County Borough.
Scope and content: Records of Llangernyw Parish Council, 1894-1984, including minutes, 1894-1984; declarations of acceptance of office, 1894-1961; financial records, 1895-1961; and records relating to the Llangernyw Welcome Home Fund, 1945-1947.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/script: English, Welsh
System of arrangement: Arranged into: minute books, declarations of acceptance of office, financial records and Llangernyw Welcome Home Fund records.
Conditions governing access: Access to some documents within this collection may be restricted due to Data Protection legislation. Please contact Denbighshire Record Office for further information.
Conditions governing reproduction: Usual copyright regulations apply.
Finding aids: A hard copy of the catalogue is available in English and Weslh, in Denbighshire Record Office.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: All records deposited at Denbighshire Record Office have been retained.
Accruals: Accruals are possible
Immediate source of acquisition: Deposited by the Clerk to Llangernyw Community Council, Clwyd, 1974; Councillor J. Hughes, Llangernyw, Clwyd, 1982; Councillor J. Hughes, per G. LL. Jones, Llannefydd, Clwyd, 1988.
Note: Title supplied from contents of fonds
Archivist's note: Compiled by Richard Burman for the ANW project. The following source was used to compile this description: Denbighshire Record Office, Catalogue, Llangernyw Parish Council Records.
Rules or conventions: This description follows ANW guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition, AACR2, and LCSH
Date(s) of description: May 2004