Denbighshire Record Office
Llandyrnog Parish Council and Community Council Records
Reference code(s): GB 0209 PCD/47
Title: Llandyrnog Parish Council and Community Council Records
Short title: Llandyrnog Parish Council and Community Council, records
Dates of creation: 1894-1990
Level of description: Fonds
Extent and medium: 14 items
Name of creator(s): Llandyrnog Parish Council; Llandyrnog Community Council
Administrative and biographical history: Civil parish councils were established by the Local Government Act 1894. The records can include minute books, financial statements, correspondence, copies of planning applications, and rate lists. Community councils replaced parish councils under the local government reorganization in 1974. Llandyrnog Parish Council was located in the county of Denbighshire until 1974, when its roles were taken over by Llandyrnog Community Council and Denbighshire became part of Clwyd. In 1996, Llandyrnog became part of the new county of Denbighshire.
Scope and content: Records of Llandyrnog Parish Council and Community Council, 1894-1990, including minutes, 1894-1990; financial records, 1906-1984; and miscellaneous, 1945-1987.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/script: English, Welsh
System of arrangement: Arranged into minutes, finance and miscellaneous.
Conditions governing access: Access to some documents within this collection may be restricted due to Data Protection legislation. Please contact Denbighshire Record Office for further information.
Conditions governing reproduction: Usual copyright regulations apply.
Finding aids: A hard copy of the catalogue is available in Denbighshire Record Office.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: All records deposited at Denbighshire Record Office have been retained.
Accruals: Accruals are possible
Immediate source of acquisition: Deposited by Mrs M. Breeze, Clerk to the Llandyrnog Community Council, Clwyd, 1989; Mrs M. A. Ward, Clerk to Llandyrnog Community Council, Denbighshire, 2000.
Note: Title supplied from contents of fonds
Archivist's note: Compiled by Richard Burman for the ANW project. The following source was used to compile this description: Denbighshire Record Office, Catalogue, Llandyrnog Parish Council Records.
Rules or conventions: This description follows ANW guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition, AACR2, and LCSH
Date(s) of description: May 2004