Denbighshire Record Office
Erbistock Parish Council Records
Reference code(s): GB 0209 PCD/28
Title: Erbistock Parish Council Records
Short title: Erbistock Parish Council, records
Dates of creation: 1909-1973
Level of description: Fonds
Extent and medium: 2 items
Name of creator(s): Erbistock Parish Council
Administrative and biographical history: Civil parish councils that were established by the Local Government Act 1894. The records can include minute books, financial statements, correspondence, copies of planning applications, and rate lists. Community councils replaced parish councils under the local government reorganization in 1974. Erbistock Parish Council was located in the county of Denbighshire until 1974, when its roles were taken over by Erbistock Community Council and Denbighshire became part of Clwyd. In 1996, Clwyd was replaced by unitary authorities, and Erbistock is now in Wrexham County Borough.
Scope and content: Minute books of Erbistock Parish Council, 1909-1973.
ACCESS AND USE
Conditions governing access: Access to some documents within this collection may be restricted due to Data Protection legislation. Please contact Denbighshire Record Office for further information.
Conditions governing reproduction: Usual copyright regulations apply.
Finding aids: A hard copy of the catalogue is available in Denbighshire Record Office.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: All records deposited at Denbighshire Record Office have been retained.
Accruals: Accruals are possible
Immediate source of acquisition: Deposited by the Clerk to Erbistock Parish/ Community Council, Clwyd, 1972, 1974.
Note: Title supplied from contents of fonds
Archivist's note: Compiled by Richard Burman for the ANW project. The following source was used to compile this description: Denbighshire Record Office, Catalogue, Erbistock Parish Council Records.
Rules or conventions: This description follows ANW guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition, AACR2, and LCSH
Date(s) of description: April 2004