Denbighshire Record Office
Burton Parish and Community Council Records
Reference code(s): GB 0209 PCD/13
Title: Burton Parish and Community Council Records
Short title: Burton Parish Council and Community Council records
Dates of creation: 1868-1980
Level of description: Fonds
Extent and medium: 0.114 cubic metres (49 items)
Name of creator(s): Burton Parish Council; Burton Community Council
Administrative and biographical history: Civil parish councils were established by the Local Government Act 1894, taking over from parish vestry meetings. The records can include minute books, financial statements, correspondence, copies of planning applications, and rate lists. Community councils replaced parish councils under the local government reorganization in 1974. Burton (previosuly a township in Gresford parish) was located in the county of Denbighshire until 1974, when it became Burton Community Council, and was in Clwyd until 1996. It now lies within Wrexham County Borough.
Scope and content: Records of Burton Parish Council and Community Council, 1868-1980, including minutes, 1894-1967; receipts and payments, 1918-1974; financial statements, 1947-1974; bills, vouchers and related correspondence, 1959-1978; correspondence and related papers, 1950-1980; and Burton Parish Vestry minutes, 1868-1894.
ACCESS AND USE
System of arrangement: Arranged into minute books, declaration book, account books, financial records and correspondence.
Conditions governing access: Access to some documents within this collection may be restricted under Data Protection legislation. Please contact Denbighshire Record Office for further information.
Conditions governing reproduction: Usual copyright regulations apply.
Finding aids: A hard copy of the catalogue is available in Denbighshire Record Office.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: All records deposited at Denbighshire Record Office have been retained.
Accruals: Accruals are possible
Immediate source of acquisition: Deposited by the Clerk to Burton Community Council, Clwyd, 1974, 1982.
Note: Title supplied from contents of fonds. The archive includes earlier records accumulated by the Parish Council.
Archivist's note: Compiled by Richard Burman for the ANW project. The following source was used to compile this description: Denbighshire Record Office, Catalogue, Brymbo Parish Council Records.
Rules or conventions: This description follows ANW guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition, AACR2, and LCSH
Date(s) of description: March 2004